Pages

September 14, 2010

Show Me What You're Working With

Welcome to our bloggity blog! We hope that this will help our friends and family follow our progress as we work on our new home.  Consider this the tour of the 'before' stage. We've been working on taking down wallpaper for a few weekends now, so we'll have some updated progress shots soon. We are very excited to move into this house and can't wait to put our personal touches on the rooms and make it our home.  We are looking forward to having celebrations, guests, and a family (eventually!) at our new place.

The Kitchen
Looking towards the laundry and eating area, we'll put our table and chairs here. The wallpaper is no longer up on these walls.

If I did a 180 from where I was in the above picture, this is what I'd see.  We've already taken off the scallop-y part above the sink and have sanded and primed all the cabinets (inside and out). Our next step in here is to start painting the cabinets.

Another view of the working side of the kitchen.  I'm going to have to adjust to using the wall oven, but I'll like not having to bend over to check on whatever goodies I'm baking! 

To finish off this post, here is my inspiration board for the kitchen.  We already have the bentwood chairs and pedestal table (Salvation Army for the table and Craigslist for the chairs). I'm planning on painting the exposed side of the oven wall, shown above, in chalkboard paint and replacing the doors to the laundry area with curtains made from drop cloths.  I'll be displaying my new collection of enamel teapots and bundt pans on the wall, and making a shade for the window out of a yet to be determined fabric. We'll also be replacing the carpeting with some laminate flooring or linoleum and possibly swapping out the counter tops with some Ikea butcher block. Not exactly sure what color the walls will be, but the cabinets and trim will be bright and shiny white!

3 comments:

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I love your inspiration board. I used chalkboard paint in our kitchen on one wall and I love how it turned out.

I can't wait to see how the project progresses. Good luck!

LLK said...

Wooohooo! A comment! Thanks for stopping by!

Jennifer said...

i really like the details on the cabinets. i think with paint they'll pop!